By visiting https://www.shop.jamieoliver.com (the “Site”) you will be purchasing Jamie Oliver products from The Hut.com Limited, and having your information collected by The Hut.com Limited who is the operator of the Site and responsible for processing your personal information on the Site. The Hut.com Limited (“THG”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting its customers' privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
Because we operate this website on behalf of Jamie Oliver Limited, your information will be shared with Jamie Oliver Limited. For further details about how and when we share your information with Jamie Oliver Limited, please see “Who do we share this personal data with?” below.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about the Jamie Oliver products you purchased.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
We may use your personal data to send you marketing messages about the products sold on the Site by email, phone or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. Depending on your cookie preferences, these ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
From Jamie Oliver Limited
Our Site may give you the option to sign-up to Jamie Oliver Limited’s newsletters and marketing. You can revoke your consent to receive these at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of Jamie Oliver Limited’s emails or by clicking 'change contact preferences' in your profile (if you have a jamieoliver.com account) - if you're having any issues unsubscribing please email email@example.com.
You may also be subscribed to Jamie’s Italian Limited’s news and offers (for Jamie’s Italian, Barbecoa or Fifteen restaurants, or Jamie Oliver’s Cookery School). If you wish to unsubscribe from their communications you can follow the unsubscribe link in their emails or email them directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business (whether by share or asset sale), your personal details will be disclosed to the new owners of the business.
- If we ever cease operating this Site, we will also share any personal information we have about you with Jamie Oliver Limited (or a website operator engaged by Jamie Oliver Limited) to make sure that the Site continues to run and any orders are processed smoothly during and following this transition. If this ever occurs, we will notify you and provide you with full details as to the new “controller” (if applicable) of your personal information.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under European law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a Jamie Oliver product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
This Site uses encryption technologies. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Our Site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18 and do not allow children to register on our Site.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, you have the right to access your personal data and require that we rectify any errors in the data that we hold, or request that we erase your personal data subject to certain limitations. In some circumstances, you can also require that we restrict the way we process your personal data, object to its processing or request a copy of your personal data for the purposes of transmitting elsewhere. Where we have requested and obtained your consent to process particular information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. However if we do not hold all the data we need to administer contracts, orders, competitions you entered into, we may not be able to provide you with these benefits any longer.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please send your request to the details set out directly below.
Telephone: 0161 8131481
Address: Customer Services, Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Cheshire, CW9 7R